Clean and Simple Lucky Cat Card
Hi!! Thanks for joing me today! Daniel here with a clean and simple card you can put together using the Lucky You Inspiration Box from December 2018.
Today I want to try a new format for this blog post. First, I will show you the pictures of the card, then a numbered set of step by step instructions will follow. I hope you find this setup appealing. Let me know in the comments section below.
Step by step instructions:
1. Cut a sheet of cardstock down to 5.5 by 8.5 inches and fold it in half to form an A2 size card base.
2. Trim down a piece of Raven cardstock to a 4.25 by 2.5 inches.
3. Dust the Raven cardstock with your antistatic powder tool and stamp the sentiment "You are my good luck charm" from the 6x8 stamp set using B|M Clear Embossing Ink.
4. Cover the sentiment with Gilded Embossing Powder and melt with a heat tool.
5. Repeat step 3 using the small lady bug stamp. Then cover these stamped images with Icicle Embossing Powder and melt with a heat tool.
6. Stamp the cat image from the 6x8 stamp set using Raven Detail Ink onto a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock. This cardstock plays nicely with alcohol markers.
6. Heat set the image with a heat tool and color it in with your favorite markers, Surface Inks, colored pencils or water colors.
7. Fussy cut the image of the cat using your B|M Fussy Cutting scissors or a die cutting machine like the Brother Scan 'n Cut.
8. Glue the Raven cardstock a third of the way up from the bottom of the card base using B|M All-purpose Craft Glue.
9. Finish by popping up the cat on some B|M Foam Tape.
I hope you enjoyed the easy step by step instructions and the simplicity of this card. Please let me know what you think of this format and the card in the comments below.
I have included a list of supplies for this card below. By using my links to purchase these items, you help me to be able to continue bringing inspiration your way at no additional cost to you!
Please let me know if you use my affiliate links to make a purchase. I'd love to send you a thank you note!