Spring Inspiration Box
Hello All, I got my Brutus Monroe Inspiration Box for Spring 2016 and had to dive into it right away. I chose to make a picture and frame for my first project with this great box!
- Brutus Monroe Inspiration Box
- Tim Holtz frame
- Martha Stewart paint - cloud
- foam brush
- paint palette
- matte medium
- foam tape
- Brutus Monroe All Purpose Craft Glue
- Brutus Monroe mixed media cord
- Brutus Monroe Premium Chalk Ink: Sea, Cornflower, Oz, Cabbage & Speckled Egg
- Brutus Monroe Spring Inspiration Stamp Set
- Brutus Monroe Butterfly Stamp & Die Sets
- 7 gypsies Natural History rubbings (from box)
- Burlap flower (from box)
- Chipboard letters (from box)
- Brutus Monroe Embossing Powder - Alabaster
- Brutus Monroe Premium Cardstock - Lunch bag 80#, Alabaster 110#
- Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink
Note size of paper for flower picture depends on the picture frame you use.
Step 1 - paint wood frame with Martha Stewart cloud paint, let dry, seal with matte medium. I used two coats of paint.
Step 2 - stamp flower from Inspiration Box onto Alabaster cardstock using Cabbage Ink
Step 3 - stamp butterfly from Butterfly Stamp Set onto Alabaster cardstock one in each of the following colors: Sea, Oz and Cornflower. Use coordinating dies to cut out butterflies.
Step 4 - Ink edges of background layer in Speckled Egg using Alabaster cardstock
Step 5 - wrap Oz cord around bottom of frame
Step 6 - cut to fit foam tape to Chipboard letters (from Inspiration Box) so letters pop. Align letters on bottom of frame over cord.
Step 7 - layer background and flowered layer to fit opening in frame.
Step 8 - using foam tape and Brutus Monroe All Purpose Glue stack butterflies dark to light to give appearance of flight.
Step 9 - emboss sentiment on Paper bag cardstock using Alabaster Embossing Powder and Ink. Cut to fit and place.
Step 10 - using All Purpose Glue affix Burlap Flower from Inspiration Box to frame.
Step 11 - spiral Oz cord and glue to center of Burlap Flower. Add complimentary button to spiral.
Step 12 - add Insect Rubbings to frame
Always looking forward to your creations, please share on the Brutus Monroe Facebook page.