Spring Inspiration Box
Hello All, I got my Brutus Monroe Inspiration Box for Spring 2016 and had to dive into it right away. I chose to make a picture and frame for my first project with this great box!
- Brutus Monroe Inspiration Box
- Tim Holtz frame
- Martha Stewart paint - cloud
- foam brush
- paint palette
- matte medium
- foam tape
- Brutus Monroe All Purpose Craft Glue
- Brutus Monroe mixed media cord
- Brutus Monroe Premium Chalk Ink: Sea, Cornflower, Oz, Cabbage & Speckled Egg
- Brutus Monroe Spring Inspiration Stamp Set
- Brutus Monroe Butterfly Stamp & Die Sets
- 7 gypsies Natural History rubbings (from box)
- Burlap flower (from box)
- Chipboard letters (from box)
- Brutus Monroe Embossing Powder - Alabaster
- Brutus Monroe Premium Cardstock - Lunch bag 80#, Alabaster 110#
- Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink
Note size of paper for flower picture depends on the picture frame you use.
Step 1 - paint wood frame with Martha Stewart cloud paint, let dry, seal with matte medium. I used two coats of paint.
Step 2 - stamp flower from Inspiration Box onto Alabaster cardstock using Cabbage Ink
Step 3 - stamp butterfly from Butterfly Stamp Set onto Alabaster cardstock one in each of the following colors: Sea, Oz and Cornflower. Use coordinating dies to cut out butterflies.
Step 4 - Ink edges of background layer in Speckled Egg using Alabaster cardstock
Step 5 - wrap Oz cord around bottom of frame
Step 6 - cut to fit foam tape to Chipboard letters (from Inspiration Box) so letters pop. Align letters on bottom of frame over cord.
Step 7 - layer background and flowered layer to fit opening in frame.
Step 8 - using foam tape and Brutus Monroe All Purpose Glue stack butterflies dark to light to give appearance of flight.
Step 9 - emboss sentiment on Paper bag cardstock using Alabaster Embossing Powder and Ink. Cut to fit and place.
Step 10 - using All Purpose Glue affix Burlap Flower from Inspiration Box to frame.
Step 11 - spiral Oz cord and glue to center of Burlap Flower. Add complimentary button to spiral.
Step 12 - add Insect Rubbings to frame
Always looking forward to your creations, please share on the Brutus Monroe Facebook page.
- Tags: 2.75 Round Acrylic Block Adam K alabaster embossing powder Alabaster Premium 110 lb card stock Brutus|Monroe Butterfly Sentiments Butterfly Sentiments Coordinating Die Set Cabbage Premium Chalk Ink Cornflower Premium Chalk Ink Craft Glue create your own ending Embossing Ink emobssing powder Inspiration box Mixed Media mixed media cord Oz Premium Chalk Ink Premium Chalk Inks sea ink Speckled egg ink
- Adam K