Hi crafty friends! I'm Lien from Studio Kato and I'm so happy to share my first blog post here as a brand ambassador for Brutus Monroe! For this slimline card I tried a new technique: ombre stamping on vellum.
I used a gorgeous Brutus Monroe stamp set and a Brutus Monroe die set for this card. I started by doing my die cutting. I die cut the wreath from Charlotte's Wreath 5 times and layered 3 of those on top of each other. I cut a few other pieces to fill in some gaps on my card. I also die cut the sentiment 6 times and layered all those scripty words on top of each other to add extra dimension. I added some gold embossing powder to give it a gold dipped look.
For the butterflies I took a piece of vellum and stamped one of the layers (the one that had the most surface area) in Pinkfresh Studio Dye inks. I have the ink cubes and it's just so handy to have a small ink cube when you're doing ombre stamping. I chose three colors for each butterfly and used my Misti to stamp it all. I then sprinkled on clear embossing powder over the ink (which wouldn't work with dye inks on paper, but works perfectly on vellum!)For the other layer of the butterflies I used embossing ink and embossed them in gold.
To put my card together, I cut the wreath apart following the shape of the flowers. and glued it onto my slimline cardbase. I also glued on the sentiment right over the wreath in some places. Next I filled in a couple gaps with extra pieces I cut from the extra wreaths. I placed the butterflies on there, folding them in half to zhuzh up their wings and only adhering down the bodies. As a finishing touch I added some clear iridescent bubble embellishments.
If you want to learn more details about how I made this card, please head over to my blog Studio Kato