Galaxy Glaze World
Hello! I wanted to create a mixed media canvas using the new mixed media supplies that Brutus Monroe has come out with. These are the steps I took to create my "Galaxy Glaze World" canvas.
1. Coat canvas with white gesso to prepare for inks. Be sure to get sides. Allow gesso to dry or dry with a heat tool.
2. Add paste such as crackle through a stencil and let dry.
3. Place embellishments to create your focal point on canvas and then adhere them with adhesive of your choice.
4. Coat all of the embellishments in white gesso and allow to dry or dry with a heat tool.
5. Start adding color beginning with the Chroma Mist Lilac Purple.
6. Add sprays of water and move the canvas around to allow ink to mix with water, wick, and flow.
7. Dry color with heat tool before moving on to the next.
8. Add more color with a few drops of Metallic Aqua Pigment in Delphinium and repeat the water step and move canvas again to allow ink to flow and mix.
9. Allow all ink to dry or dry with a heat tool carefully. Use extra care if you adhere embellishments using hot glue as the heat tool will melt it and your pieces may shift.
10. For the chipboard moon embellishment on my canvas I sprayed it with the Lilac Purple Chroma Mist and coated it with triple thick embossing dip and heat set. This adds texture without changing the color of the ink.
11. Next add some chipboard stars or other preferred shapes. Glue directly to canvas. For mine I used tiny stars and coated them in black gesso and dried. Next I coated them in the Purple Galaxy Glaze before adhering to my canvas.
12. Next the outside of my canvas was painted with black gesso along with the metal star frame. The cherub was recoated in bright white to create a stand out focal point.
13. Microbeads, small beads, and glitter were added as a sparkly touch.
14. For the final touch Purple Galaxy Glaze was coated on areas of my canvas as well the metal stars.
Splatters of white for more of a Galaxy look too! I hope this tutorial inspires you to create something amazing with these awesome products!
Mixed Media Canvas Tutorial – by Jenn DuBell
Brutus Monroe: Galaxy Glaze Purple Chroma Mist – Lilac Purple
Metallic Aqua Pigment - Delphinium
Triple Thick Embossing Dip – Transparent Powder White
Others: Small canvas
Adhesive such as gel medium or hot glue gun
Molded, wooden, chipboard, and metal embellishments