Skip to content


Clean and simple Monster cards with Alcohol ink backgrounds

Clean and simple Monster cards with Alcohol ink backgrounds

Hi everyone! It is Verity here again from Pretty Little Buttonso good to be back up on the blog again. I wanted to create a couple of clean and simple card using the Monster stamp set. These little monster cand stand out on their own and need little more on the card to make them sing. I decided to pair them with a bright colour alcohol ink background and allow the strong bold colours sing with the funny cut creatures. 

*For supplies featured in this post, please refer to the links at the end of the post.

Clean and simple Monster cards with Alcohol ink background details:

To start off I used an A2 piece of Yupo cardstock, you must only use non-porous cardstock such as Yupo for alcohol inks - regular cardstock will not work. Apply a variety of alcohol inks to the background, allowing them to blend. If you have an alcohol marker re-inkers you can also use these. Make sure you are working in a ventilated area when using alcohol inks. 

In addition, I also added some gunmetal mixative at the end and use a straw along with some blending solution to mix this in. Set this to one side to dry. I created two cards with one background by trimming a third of the panel off. For the large piece, foam mount this onto a white Alabaster card base. Add a heat embossed sentiment in alabaster on a strip of Raven cardstock and glued to the top of the panel. 

Stamp one of the adorable monsters from the Monster Party stamp set in a matching Brutus Monroe surface ink - I thought Oz paired well with the beautiful blues of the background. To finish this card off, I add a selection of sequins including the Glass Slipper Bottle Cap sequins with Brutus Monroe Craft Glue. 

For the second card, I trimmed the small off cut of background down into a banner and foam mounted this onto the card with a strip of Raven cardstock. I heat embossed with Brutus Monroe Clear Embossing ink and Sterling, a monster onto vellum. I also stamped the balloons to one side as though the little monster is holding them. This was fussy cut-out and attached to the banner. 

The sentiment was stamped in Brutus Monroe Surface Ink Oz in one corner and the card was finished with Brutus Monroe Acrylic Bubbles and clear nuvo drops. 



Feel free to leave a comment below - I would love to hear what you think!

For more inspiration, please feel free to pop over to   Or you can follow me on InstagramFacebook, or Pinterest.

Till next week,
Previous article Have a Wild Birthday!

Leave a comment

Comments must be approved before appearing

* Required fields