Hello and welcome back! Now that Spring is here to stay, I can't seem to get enough of butterflies, and this stamp set doesn't disappoint! This is my first time working with the Flutter background stamp and I decided to use it as it was intended and then added my own spin to it as well. I used my new favorite medium, Sparkle Aqua Pigments to color these beautiful butterflies and I love the rich colors I achieved. I'm curious, do you love the richness of these colors too?
To start out, I used two pieces of Alabaster card stock cut to 5 1/2 inches square and using my Misti stamping tool, stamped the Flutter background twice with Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink. Prior to applying the ink I did treat the paper with my Magic Powder Bag to reduce any static or remove any oils from my fingers. I applied Raven Detail Embossing Powder and heat seat it with a heat tool. The first panel was trimmed to 5 1/4 inches squared and colored with the orange and red Sparkle Aqua Pigments. The second panel was trimmed to the same dimensions and then cut in half at 2 5/8th inches. Then the each side was trimmed 1 3/4 inches squared and I used the corners of each piece and lined them up so they would layer over the same butterfly as the first layer. I then colored each piece with the remaining colors of the rainbow with the Sparkle Aqua Pigments using an aqua pen. Using Raven card stock cut to 3 3/4 inch x 3 3/4 inches, I matted the squares leaving equal amount of space. If you have a hard time lining things up, I suggesting using grid paper or a T Ruler.
Since the background was full of bright colors and I didn't want to take away from it, so I used Brutus Monroe Heat Resistant Vellum and Alabaster Embossing Powder for the sentiment. It's very important to treat your vellum with the Magic Powder Bag because it holds a lot of static, so please don't forget. Using my Misti, I stamped the sentiment from the Flutter stamp set with Embossing Ink and Alabaster EP, and after my heat tool was good and hot, I heat set the powder moving the tool quickly as to not warp or overheat the vellum. The sentiment was then die cut using the Foundation Circle dies. When I adhere vellum I use tiny dots of liquid glue with my glue pen behind the thicker parts of the sentiment so that nothing shows through. For just a little more sparkle, I randomly added the Rainbow Acrylic Bubbles.
I hope you try this card out, and see how much fun it is to get inky, because you're going to love all the sparkle! Thanks so much for stopping by!