Brutus Bucks Point Balance: 0
Cart 0

You make me HAPPY

Mitsyana Wright

Hello, Crafty Friends!! Mitsyana Wright here, from Up On Tippy Toes, and
I have a CAS (Clean and Simple) card for you today! I went out of my comfort zone today and didn't distress, airbrush, or layer.... whaaat?? I know, crazy right?! I always wanted to try CAS but wasn't sure if I could pull it off...Let me know if I was able to or not. LOL
For today's card, I decided to use Brutus/Monroe's Botanical Sentiments I stamp set.

Botanical Sentiment I

Other Supplies Used:

Mixed Media Paper (Strathmore), Xyron Creative Station, Momento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad (Tsukineko), Spectrum Noir Markers (CG3, CG4, DR2, DR4, DR6, IG1, IG4), Jelly Roll Pen (Sakura), VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Pad (Tsukineko), Glitter Enamel Dots (Virginia Turtle), Black Cardstock (Bazzill), Patterned Paper (Craft Smith)

I started by stamping my image onto Mixed Media paper. To be honest with you, this was the very first time I used this paper. It was an extremely thick and sturdy paper that was maybe a tiny bit thinner than chipboard. Yes, it was that  thick! But, I guess if it is hold up to all of what mixed media has to offer, it would have to be thick.

I cut my paper at 3.75"x 5" and stamped my image with Momento Tuxedo Black ink. I angled my first impression and adjust my stamp to be as close as possible without having to use a mask. Then stamped a second time.

Then I used my Spectrum Noir Markers in DR2, DR4, and DR6 for the flowers and buds. And for the leaves I used CG and CG4. To add a shadow around my flowers, I used IG1 and IG4.

Then, I used a corner punch to cut off the corners and give my card front  a ticket look. I stamped my sentiment after the corners were cut so I could make sure my sentiment wouldn't get cut off. I also mimicked this ticket look onto my card base and mat. 
My card base is a standard A2 sized card, measuring 4.25"x 5.5". I gave my mat a .25" difference, measuring at4"x5.25".
 

I added a few enamel dots to accent... for some reason I like groups of three. Three of anything always seems to work with me. If you're not an enamel person, rhinestone or sequins would work here too.

Since I used glittery enamels, I wanted to add a little bit of glitter to my flowers too, so, I used a Jelly Roll glitter pen on my flowers for a bit of shine.
Then I used my Xyron Creative Station to add adhesive to my card front and mat. The large 9" platform allows me to add adhesive to both panels at the same time.
Then, I simply peel and stick.
And, here's my finished card...

CLOSER VIEW

I hope you enjoyed today's project!
Until next time...
HAPPY CRAFTING!!
~ Mitsy
To see more of my crafty projects, please visit my personal blog HERE.


Older Post Newer Post


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published